This is one of the largest well equipped, modern healthcare facility in the public sector with a bed capacity of 78, commissioned in November 2014. It provides specialized treatment facility to major burn patients.
A state of the art Jinnah Burn & Reconstructive Surgery Centre (JB&RSC) is an important milestone towards the initiatives of the Government of the Punjab.
The Centre also provides limb replant services, post cancer ablative reconstruction and microsurgery services. JB&RSC has a modern ICU facility for burn victims, modular operation theatres and skin bank. We have our own dedicated Pathology Lab, Radiology and Physiotherapy Departments. We have total number of 387 employees including doctors, nurses, allied health services and ministerial staff etc.
JB&RSC is a nerve centre to develop SOPs and treatment protocols for the management of acute burn victims in other burn centres across the province. It is also providing training in reconstructive and micro-vascular surgery skills to postgraduate students.
The Centre has its state of the art research laboratory in collaboration with Centre of Excellence in Microbiology (CEMB), University of the Punjab which is working on Stem Cells and Karatinocytes. This laboratory has recently developed Acellular Dermis to be used as skin substitute in burn and trauma patients. Annually approximately a number of 31000 patients are seen in Out Patient Department (OPD), and major surgeries performed 3000 yearly in the Centre.
Brief description of services being provided:
- Acute Burn Management with ICU Care including provision of Skin Allografts.
- Services for reconstruction of burn related complications including rehabilitation, occupational therapy and scar management.
- Reconstructive Surgery for Traumatic and Congenital Deformities.
- Tumor board and multidisciplinary management of cancer patients including resection, reconstruction and rehabilitation.
- Microsurgery and limb replantation service.
- Training in Burn Management and Reconstructive Microsurgery.
- Research in Stem Cell and Genetic Diseases.
ACHIEVEMENTS & DISTINCTIONS:
- Largest number of plastic & reconstructive surgeons trained (>60) in the Country
- First and the only Skin Bank in Pakistan
- Largest Limb Replantation Centre of the Country (24/7)
- Stem Cell & Genetic Diseases Research Lab with first GMP facility in the Country
- Largest reconstructive microsurgery services in the Country
This 78 bedded high tech state-of-the-art center is equipped with all modern facilities for the management of burn injuries. There are well equipped wards and rooms for patients with special burn beds and latest monitoring equipment. The center is unique in many aspects: –
The Main features of the 78 bedded (extendable up to 100) Centre are as under –
- Resuscitation Area
- Intensive Care Unit – 10 Beds
- High Dependency Unit – 6 Beds
- Acute Burn Theatres -2 No.
- Reconstruction Theatres – 4 Nos.
- Burn Ward – 24 Beds
- Reconstructive Surgery Ward – 24 Beds
- Private Rooms – 14 Nos.
- Day Care Surgery Unit
- Out Patients Department
- Clinical Pathology Lab & Blood Bank
- Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation
- Multipurpose Conference Hall
- Skin Bank
- Stem Cell Lab
- Support Services (CSSD & Laundry)
- Automation / Computerization for effective inventory and financial management
- Fire safety / Fire-fighting System & CCTV surveillance facility
Our mission is to raise the long-term health status of our community by providing personalized, quality care with compassion, dignity, and respect.
We are a community of caring health professionals, recognized for promoting wellness through early detection and prevention.
When you arrive, unless you’re told otherwise, please go directly to the Admitting Department, located in the main hospital lobby.